- “Minimum Wages and the Distribution of Family Incomes” (February 2017). New! Older version from December 2013 here.
- “Unemployment Insurance Generosity and Aggregate Employment” with Christopher Boone, Lucas Goodman and Ethan Kaplan. IZA Discussion Paper 10439 (January 2017). New!
- “Fairness and Frictions: Impact of Unequal Raises on Quit Behavior” with Laura Giuliano and Jonathan Leonard. Revision requested, American Economic Review. IZA Discussion Paper 9149 (July 2015)
- “Pooling Multiple Case Studies using Synthetic Controls: An Application to Minimum Wage Policies” with Ben Zipperer. IZA Discussion Paper 8944 (March 2015)
- “Minimum Wages and Aggregate Job Growth: Causal Effect or Statistical Artifact?” IZA Discussion Paper 7674 (October 2013).
- “Credible Research Designs for Minimum Wage Studies” with
Sylvia Allegretto, Michael Reich and Ben Zipperer. IZA Discussion Paper 7638 (September 2013). Older version from June 2013 available here.
- “Spatial Heterogeneity and Minimum Wages: Employment Estimates for Teens Using Cross-State Commuting Zones” with Michael Reich and Sylvia Allegretto.
- “Employee Replacement Costs” with Eric Freeman and Michael Reich.
- “Firm Entry and Wages: Impact of Wal-Mart Growth on Earnings Throughout the Retail Sector” with Barry Eidlin and T. William Lester.