Essays, Op-eds, and Blog Posts:
- CITY LIMITS: US city minimum wages and their relevance for the UK [Resolution Foundation chapter] March 2015 New!
- Designing Thoughtful Minimum Wage Policy at the State and Local Levels [Hamilton Project Report] June 2014
- “Finally a Chance for Facts to Decide.” [NY Times online Op-ed]
- The Minimum We Can Do [NY Times Op-ed]
- Testimony on Minimum Wages for the Senate HELP Committee March 14, 2013
- Casual versus Causal Inference: Time series edition [Blog post]
- The Poverty of Minimum Wage “Facts” [Blog post]
- Separating signal from noise: a review of 12 major studies on minimum wages and poverty [Blog post]
- Minimum Wages and Job Growth: a Statistical Artifact [Blog post]
- “Pooling Multiple Case Studies using Synthetic Controls: An Application to Minimum Wage Policies” IZA Discussion Paper 8944 with Ben Zipperer (March 2015) New!
- “Minimum Wage Shocks, Employment Flows, and Labor Market Frictions” with T. William Lester and Michael Reich. Journal of Labor Economics (forthcoming). This version: Oct 2014. Nov 2013 version here. April 2012 version here. IZA Discussion Paper from 2011 available here.
- “Minimum Wages and the Distribution of Family Incomes” (January 2014)
- “Minimum Wages and Aggregate Job Growth: Causal Effect or Statistical Artifact?” IZA Discussion Paper 7674 (October 2013).
- “Credible Research Designs for Minimum Wage Studies” with Sylvia Allegretto, Michael Reich and Ben Zipperer. IZA Discussion Paper 7638 (September 2013). Older version from June 2013 available here.
- “Do Minimum Wages Really Reduce Teen Employment? Accounting for Heterogeneity and Selectivity in State Panel Data” with Sylvia Allegretto and Michael Reich. Industrial Relations, March 2011.
- “Minimum Wage Effects Across State Borders: Estimates Using Contiguous Counties” with T. William Lester and Michael Reich. Review of Economics and Statistics, 2010 (Vol.92, Issue 4).
- “The economic impacts of a citywide minimum wage” with Suresh Naidu and Michael Reich. Industrial and Labor Relations Review, July 2007.